The Physical Therapy Space is Rapidly Evolving…
– Boston, Massachusetts
Dear Clinic Owner…
I’ve spoken with hundreds of former patients and dozens of physical therapists over the past 6 months.
During my discussions, I’ve realized most clinics are behind on the times. They’re not fully monitoring the patient experience, and they don’t have the tools to grow their business while helping their patients succeed (both in and out of the clinic).
I want to share with you what I’ve found in my research, discuss why I am building RecoverWell, and how it will help your clinic to grow and thrive.[/text_block]
Clinics Aren’t Focused On Patient Outcomes
At the same time, patient care expectations have changed.
Patients are becoming more self-sufficient and proactive regarding their health, and their options for therapy clinics, telehealth services, and other means, are growing rapidly.
The average outpatient clinic loses out on up to $150,000 of revenue per year when patients don’t complete their full course of care. 20% of patients drop out within the first 3 visits, and 70% don’t fully complete their course of care, typically as a result of low self-efficacy during care. This is the $6 billion dollar problem nobody in PT is talking about.
Today, it’s becoming more important for clinics to improve and strengthen the relationships with their patient in order to achieve long-term financial success.
Clinics have pushed for more patients at more frequent intervals in order to continue to grow their practice.
With increasing volume, the quality of care suffers. Hospital systems that did this ended up ranging vastly in the quality of care they provided to their patients – Some hospitals had 6x lower quality care than others, which resulted in the center for Medicare and Medicaid creating the Comprehensive Joint Replacement model, a value-based payment system where clinics share the costs associated with treatment of patients who had a recent joint replacement and are going to the clinic for rehab.
The industry is changing rapidly, and it’s becoming increasingly important for your clinic to provide the highest quality outcomes for patients.
With 30,000-40,000 clinics in the US, there are plenty of options for patients to find the best quality practice near them. With hospitals increasing their vested interest in physical therapy due to industry consolidation (ultimately lowering the referral basis for your clinic), it’s more important than ever to raise the bar on your quality of your services, while building better relationships with your patients.
Additionally, clinics need to diversify their service offerings to continue to grow their business, or ultimately suffer with pushing higher volume, unnecessary patient visits that reduce the quality of care, burn out therapists, and ultimately lower reimbursements.[/text_block]
I want patients to have access to the highest level of care at all physical therapy clinics they attend, starting with yours.
Improved patient outcomes doesn’t mean you have to spend more time doing more things, and it doesn’t mean taking away time from seeing and billing patients. We want to help your business grow and thrive as a result of improving patient outcomes.[/text_block]
- Rising demand for quality care with payments shifting from fixed fees to reimbursement models over time
- A lessening referral basis for your clinic with industry consolidation and creating more vested interest for hospital systems to refer their patients internally
- Rising expectations of telehealth services
- Rising self-sufficiency and proactive, preventative approach for patients as opposed to dependent, reactive care
We’ve seen this shift occur in industries such as chronic disease management and within patient healthcare, and it is now beginning within physical therapy.
Patients have the option to choose from dozens of clinics, and the best clinics have reinvented themselves, shifting away from a pure volume-approach, and shifting to balancing volume and quality of care.
Some clinics will choose to get ahead of the curve and provide the highest standard of quality care for their patients with differentiated service offerings to maximize the patient experience.
Other clinics will fall behind the times. They will struggle with lowering reimbursements and increased competition, all as a result of providing lower quality care.
The new way of thinking for successful clinics is to focus on raising the bar and providing the highest quality patient care experience.[/text_block]
That’s Why We’re Building RecoverWell..
Patients gain better access to care pre, during, and post physical therapy, helping to improve patient outcomes, self-efficacy, and ultimately build a better patient experience while helping your clinic to continue to grow.[/text_block]
- Improved Satisfaction Ratings – Net Promoter Score (NPS) tracking helps your clinic track patient feedback throughout the patient journey.
- Additional Revenue Streams – Connecting with patients through the platform allows for easily managing the patient experience and handing off patient information between your service offerings (personal training, massage therapy, etc)
- Improved Quality of Service – Patients have direct access to their therapist throughout the physical therapy journey, helping to adjust care plans as needed and keep patients confident in their results.
- Improved Patient Self-Efficacy – Compliance increases with improved access to their therapist, helping build a better and stronger relationship with your clinic, which helps to drive more revenue to your practice.
- Continued, Preventative Care – Continued care helps patients ease their transition back to normal living post-PT and stay connected with your clinic for regular check-ups and office visits to assure continued progression.
- Behavioral Feedback – Behavioral feedback allows patients to directly interact with their therapist in real time to report on progress or issues that arise.
- Community Groups – Community groups allow patients to learn from each other during treatment and progress. Your clinic can compare surveys, recovery plans, feedback, and NPS scores with industry benchmarks to assure you’re providing the highest quality services, while getting feedback on areas to improve.
- Lower Insurance Costs – In the long run, the data from providing the highest quality PT services will be proven to lower insurance costs with patients being less likely to be readmitted to the clinic – Ultimately providing your clinic with higher reimbursements
Here’s What Patients Are Saying..
“A digital platform would have been very helpful and I definitely would have used it. I had a total knee replacement and would have paid a fee to access this.”
Darlene N., HD Physical Therapy Patient
“I went for three months and completed therapy. I like RecoverWell and think it’s very progressive! I would find that useful and would pay to use it.”
Bernard B., National Physical Therapy Patient
“The platform would be great because it aims for a higher result. Once it launches, please let me know”
Lia G., Dynamic Physical Therapy Patient
How RecoverWell Can Help Grow Your Clinic..
Improved Clinic Satisfaction Ratings
Net Promoter Score (NPS) tracking helps grow your referral basis and generate additional reviews from your top-rated patients to help grow your marketing reach.
Creating Additional Revenue Streams For Your Clinic
Patients can subscribe to RecoverWell which will result in more revenue for your clinic and provide you with easier transitions to other service offerings once your patients complete therapy (massage therapy, coaching, personal training, etc), creating a better experience for the patient by having their information and journey easily accessed within the platform.
With decreasing reimbursement and insurance companies approving less physical therapy visits each year, maintaining patient relationships and overall patient satisfaction is becoming essential as healthcare continues to evolve. RecoverWell acts as a simple and effective software to allow for continuing patient relationships, improving patient satisfaction, and a way to diversify income sources to support a sustainable physical therapy practice.
Dr. Jason Lepage, PT, DPT, CSCS, Prime Physio Fitness & PT
“I really like RecoverWell. I like that you can ask your trainer a question, and you can easily gain access to your home program as a patient. As a therapist, I like being able to add exercises for my patients to view when they are out of the clinic, so I can closely monitor their progress and outcomes over time.”
Dr. Rachael Elizabeth, PT, DPT, Dr. Rachael Elizabeth’s PT & Women’s Health Coaching
Improved Quality of Service
Patients have direct access to their therapist throughout the physical therapy journey, helping to adjust care plans as needed and keep patients confident in their results. This improved quality of service helps keep patients attending your clinic throughout their entire course of care and decreases early dropout rates.
Improved Patient Self-Efficacy
Self-efficacy is a large reason why patient compliance is low and patients drop out early from physical therapy. Compliance increases with improved access to their therapist, helping build a better and stronger relationship with your patients, which helps drive more revenue to your practice by having patients continue their course of care.
Continued, Preventative Care
Continued care helps patients ease their transition back to normal living post-PT and stay connected with your clinic for regular check-ups and office visits to assure continued progression. This helps your clinic transition patients to other service offerings, and keeps your clinic well connected to patients for when they need physical therapy and other courses of care.
Direct, Behavioral Feedback
Behavioral feedback allows patients to directly interact with the therapist in real time to report on progress or issues that arise. This helps assure patients are making progress, recovering, and avoiding setbacks along the way, which keeps them motivated and on track to becoming life long happy customers with quality reviews for your clinic.
Ready to Improve The Quality of Care
And Array of Services Your Clinic Can Offer Patients?
Contact us below. We’d love to talk!
Fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.